Campervan Hire Hobart
- Campervan Hire in Brisbane
- Campervan Hire in Hobart
- Campervan Hire in Sydney
- Campervan Hire in Launceston
- Campervan Hire on the Gold Coast
Campervan Hire Hobart
What better way to kick off your tour of Tasmania than by hiring a campervan in Hobart, the state’s cultured capital? Located in the stunning south of the state, this unique city is nestled on the scenic banks of the Derwent River. Surrounded by beautiful beaches and pristine national parks, Hobart is an unmissable destination for anyone visiting Tasmania.
Why You’ll Love Hobart
Locals and tourists alike flock to Hobart’s picturesque wharf precinct to enjoy some of Australia’s finest seafood, lively bars and art galleries. The city is overlooked by iconic Mount Wellington, which stands at a height of 1,271 metres, offering spectacular sweeping views of the city. The summit can be reached via cycling and walking tracks, or you can always just jump in your campervan and drive to the top.
If you love learning about Australia’s colonial history, Hobart boasts a carefully preserved cultural heritage. The city’s historical attractions include the Cascades Female Factory, where thousands of female convicts worked. Port Arthur, one of Australia’s most famous convict sites, is just a two-hour drive from Hobart, in scenic Mason Cove.
Campervan hire in Hobart is simple to arrange. Our branch is conveniently located just 4 kilometres from the Hobart Airport and 18 kilometres from the CBD.
At our Hobart office, enjoy free Wi-Fi and coffee and tea making facilities while you wait for your motorhome to be presented to you. Once you are ready to go, our office is just a hop, skip and jump from the always-popular Coal River Valley wine-growing region and the charming historical town of Richmond, home of Australia’s oldest bridge. From the Hobart branch, it is easy to begin your journey up the scenic east coast or set out for the wild and rugged west. See out Itineraries page for more great Tasmanian road trip ideas.
What are you waiting for? Book your motorhome or campervan with Cruisin’ Tasmania Motorhomes today and embark on an unforgettable trip of Australia’s famous Apple Isle.
To get the most out of your time in Hobart, these are just some of the best attractions the city has to offer:
- Museum of Old and New Art (MONA) – This should be one of the first stops on your Hobart campervan hire itinerary. Famous for its quirky exhibitions, MONA displays a unique collection of modern, ancient and contemporary artworks. Since opening in 2011, it has become one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city. If you happen to be visiting in June, MONA hosts the annual Dark Mofo festival, a large-scale celebration featuring public artworks, performances, live music and lightshows.
- Salamanca – Built in the 1800s, Salamanca used to be the centre of Hobart’s maritime industry, but these days it’s a popular tourist precinct. Lined with cafés, old sandstone buildings and art galleries, the main square attracts thousands of holidaymakers and locals every week. If you want to experience the best markets in Australia, over 300 stalls appear in Salamanca each Saturday, selling everything from food and clothes to homewares and artworks.
- Battery Point – Discover Hobart’s colonial past in Battery Point, a suburb just south of the city centre. A charming maze of old laneways and historical houses, Battery Point is home to some of Tasmania’s oldest buildings, several of which still feature distinctive colonial-era architecture. This part of the city is perfect for relaxing walking tours.
Plan Your Trip
|Address||3 Runway Place, Cambridge TAS 7170|
|Phone Number||1300 664 485 or International +61 3 6248 4789|
|Fax Number||+61 3 6248 4785|
|Distance from Airport||2.5 km|
|Distance from Ferry Terminal||-|
|Distance from City||18.0 km|
|Transfers||Taxi from Hobart Airport to branch – Approx. $12 – $15 AUD|
|Branch Hours||8am – 4:30pm|
|Open during the year||Open every day of the year except Christmas Day (25th December), Good Friday (25th March 2016) and Sundays between the 1st of May 2016 until the 31st of August 2016|
|Branch Facilities||Toilet,Internet Facilities,Tourist Information,Tea / Coffee making facilities,Lounge area,Luggage storage,Television|
|Recommended Holiday Parks||Barilla Holiday Park 75 Richmond Road, Cambridge TAS 7170 Distance from branch: 2 minute drive north Phone: +61 3 6248 5453 Fax: +61 3 6248 5945|
|Recommended Local Hotels / Motels||Hobart Airport Travelodge 1 Holyman Avenue, Cambridge TAS 7170 Distance from branch: 2 minute drive south Phone: +61 3 6248 3555 Fax: +61 3 6248 3599 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Nearest Supermarket||Coles & Woolworths Cole Street, Sorell TAS 7172|
2-3 Berth Hi-Top
The Cruisin’ 2-3 Berth Hi-Top Campervan offers comfort to budget conscious see more
2 Berth Adventurer
The Cruisin’ 2 Berth Adventurer motorhome will delight budget conscious travellers see more
2 Berth Sandpiper
The VW Sandpiper will impress couples seeking a romantic getaway in the see more
4 Berth Hi-Top
The 4 Berth Hi-Top is the perfect vehicle for those on a budget see more
4 Berth Seeker
The innovative Cruisin’ Seeker features a unique permanent bed offering see more
6 Berth Discovery
The 6 Berth Discovery will delight any traveller seeking the ultimate group or family see more
6 Berth Deluxe
Luxury seekers should look no further than the Cruisin’ Deluxe motorhome. see more