Campervan Hire Launceston
- Campervan Hire in Brisbane
- Campervan Hire in Hobart
- Campervan Hire in Sydney
- Campervan Hire in Launceston
- Campervan Hire on the Gold Coast
Campervan Hire Launceston
Be charmed by the historical city of Launceston, situated in Tasmania’s north. With buildings dating back to the early 1800s and a rich cultural legacy, exploring Launceston gives visitors a unique insight into the city’s grandiose past.
Huddled on the banks of the picturesque Tamar River, Launceston has no shortage of fantastic attractions and fascinating sights. Take a picturesque stroll through Royal Park or explore the Cataract Gorge, just a 15-minute walk from the city centre. From here, you can take a ride on the world’s longest single-span chair lift and enjoy a picnic amongst manicured gardens.
Unlike some Australian cities, which seem to transition straight from summer into a mild winter than back to summer again, Launceston’s climate has four distinctive seasons. It can get quite cold in the winter, so if you plan to hire a campervan in Launceston during the cooler months of the year, be sure to bring lots of warm clothing.
With a population of approximately 80,000, Launceston is Tasmania’s second-largest city after Hobart. It is one of the oldest towns in Australia, and many of its colonial-era buildings are still intact today. Launceston’s carefully preserved heritage affords the city a distinctive historic charm, providing visitors with a window into Australia’s past. The mining boom that took hold of Tasmania in the late 1800s completely overhauled the region’s economy, transforming it from a remote outpost into a modern Australian state.
Tasmania is still quite sparsely populated today – at least compared with the rest of the country – but its tourism industry is thriving. Campervan hire in Launceston has become extremely popular with travellers looking for a self-driven journey through some of Australia’s most scenic landscapes.
The Cruisin’ Tasmania Motorhomes branch is an easy 500 metres from the Launceston airport and just 15 kilometres from the CBD. We are situated in an idyllic spot near the historic town of Evandale, near several hotels and holiday parks.
You couldn’t ask for a more beautiful backdrop for a road trip than northern Tasmania, and hiring a campervan in Launceston will allow you to savour the beauty of this region. Begin your motorhome or campervan rental adventure today by booking with Cruisin’ Tasmania.
- Ben Lomond National Park – Located in the northern midlands of Tasmania, this picturesque natural park is just over an hour’s drive away from Launceston. Ideal for skiing and snowboarding during the winter, the landscape is dominated by Ben Lomond Mountain. The road to the top of the mountain is known as Jacob’s Ladder and is considered one of the most beautiful scenic drives in all of Tasmania.
- Tamar Valley Wine Region – A visit to the Launceston area is not complete without exploring the delightful Tamar Valley wine region that surrounds the city. Producing some of the finest wines available in Australia, the Tamar Valley is renowned for its picturesque vineyards and orchards. Take in the sweeping views, and enjoy wine tasting at the famous Josef Chromy Wines and the Jansz Wine Room.
- The Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery (QVMAG) – The largest regional art gallery in Australia, the QVMAG features artwork depicting Tasmania’s colonial era and local history, as well as natural science exhibitions and decorative pieces. The gallery has two locations in Launceston: one is in the suburb of Inveresk, while the other can be found on Wellington Street, in the Royal Park Art Gallery building.
|Address||149 Evandale Road, Western Junction TAS 7212|
|Phone Number||1300 664 485 or International +61 3 6248 4789|
|Fax Number||+61 3 6248 4785|
|Distance from Airport||500 metres|
|Distance from Ferry Terminal||-|
|Distance from City||15 km|
|Transfers||Free shuttle from Airport – branch|
|Branch Hours||8am – 4pm|
|Open during the year||Open every day of the year except Sundays, Christmas Day (25th December), Good Friday (25th March 2016) and from the 24th of December 2015 until the 10th of January 2016|
|Branch Facilities||Toilet,Internet Facilities,Tourist Information,Luggage storage|
|Recommended Holiday Parks||BIG4 Launceston Holiday Park, 94 Glen Due Street, Launceston TAS 7250 Distance from branch: 12.7km – 12 minutes drive North Phone: +61 3 63442600|
|Recommended Local Hotels / Motels||Best Western Abel Tasman Airport Motor Inn 303 Hobart Road, Launceston TAS 7250 Distance from branch: 10 minutes Phone: (03) 6344 5244 Fax: (03) 6343 1930 Email: email@example.com|
|Nearest Supermarket||Coles 102 Hobart Road, Kings Meadows TAS Distance from branch: 10 minutes|
2-3 Berth Hi-Top
The Cruisin’ 2-3 Berth Hi-Top Campervan offers comfort to budget conscious see more
2 Berth Adventurer
The Cruisin’ 2 Berth Adventurer motorhome will delight budget conscious travellers see more
2 Berth Sandpiper
The VW Sandpiper will impress couples seeking a romantic getaway in the see more
4 Berth Hi-Top
The 4 Berth Hi-Top is the perfect vehicle for those on a budget see more
4 Berth Seeker
The innovative Cruisin’ Seeker features a unique permanent bed offering see more
6 Berth Discovery
The 6 Berth Discovery will delight any traveller seeking the ultimate group or family see more
6 Berth Deluxe
Luxury seekers should look no further than the Cruisin’ Deluxe motorhome. see more