10 Best Things To Do In Tasmania in a Campervan
Tasmania is a traveller’s paradise. It’s remote, with beautiful landscapes and animals, and plenty to do. You can get the most out of your trip to Tasmania by planning out your activities and destination spots ahead of time. Luckily, we’ve done all the work for you. Check out our list of the 10 best things to do in Tasmania.
Take Tasmania By the Road
Tourists can circle Tasmania in approximately six days of driving. This island is built for an adventurous road trip. We recommend you find a campervan hire Tasmania or a motorhome hire Tasmania. A campervan holiday is cheaper as your vehicle provides both transportation and nightly accommodations.
Drive through all of Tasmania, going full circle around the island. You can span this out over a week, 10 days, or even two weeks, as you make as many stops as you want.
See the Aurora Australis
The Aurora Australis, also known as the Southern Lights, is a breathtaking experience that not everyone gets to experience in their lifetime. The Southern Lights can be seen from some points of Tasmania. The city of Hobart is an excellent spot to see the Aurora Australis lights. We recommend you reserve your trip with a campervan hire Hobart. Lay on your vehicle during the nights and experience the lights before driving on to your next destination.
You can typically see the Aurora Australis all year long in parts of Tasmania.
A Snowy Experience
Many people choose to go to Tasmania during the hot months, but Tasmania can be a winter wonderland too! If you go when the season is cold, we recommend visiting one of Tasmania’s many mountains for a snowy experience. We recommend Mount Kunanyi, which is only a 30-minute from Hobart to its summit.
Tasmania & Penguins
Tasmania is quite close to Antarctica, making it a popular destination for penguins. In fact, Tasmania is home to the world’s smallest penguin species named the eudyptula minor. Tourists shouldn’t leave Tasmania without hopping on a penguin viewing tour. Some popular areas to spot penguins are the city of Penguin or at the Little Penguin Observation Centre on Parsonage from September to March. Additionally, Bicheno has nightly penguin tours available all year round.
Visit a National Park
Tasmania has 19 national parks that make for a fantastic day as you walk through them and explore. We highly recommend Freycinet National Park. Or, make it a goal to visit all 19 by purchasing the national park pass.
Visit The Bay of Fires
The Bay of Fires is a bay made up of white beaches, sparkling blue water, and orange-hued granite. Tourists can take part in many activities at The Bay of Fires, including camping, fishing, swimming, and bird watching.
Would it be a trip to a hot country without a stopover at a waterfall? The Russell Falls is a top priority on most Tasmanian travellers lists. This spectacular waterfall is located in the Central Highlands region of Tasmania.
Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
Do you love animals but detest the caged aspect of zoos? Visit the Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary to see beautiful creatures and go on educational tours. Some of the animals you may see include kangaroos, Tasmanian devils, koalas, wombats, and more! And, you’ll be contributing to a great cause!
You can’t be on an Australian road trip and not spend some time at the beach! We love Honeymoon Bay for its white beaches and crystal blue water. Located on the Freycinet Peninsula of Tasmania, it’s a popular destination for a relaxing day of picnicking and snorkelling.
Hastings Cave State Reserve
Located 102 kilometres south of Hobart, the Hastings Cave State Reserve is made up of complex caves and a natural warm springs. The natural warm springs allow the nearby streams to maintain a nice 28 °C all year round. Explore the caves and then go for a swim!
Now that you know which activities to do, start the next step of your planning your trip by checking out Cruisin Tasmania. We offer a variety of vehicles and campervan hire locations, allowing you to explore any part of Tasmania you wish.
Excited to plan for your trip?
USEFUL RESOURCES FOR YOUR CAMPERVAN HIRE HOLIDAY IN AUSTRALIA
- Tourism Tasmania
- Discover Tasmania
- East Coast Tasmania
- Tasmania Travel Lonely Planet Guide
- Spirit Of Tasmania
- Pennicott Wilderness Journeys
- Tasmanian National Parks Pass
- Explore Tasmania
- Tourism Australia Guide To Tasmania
- Caravanning Tasmania - Caravan Parks and Campervan Parks In Tasmania
- Tasmanian Travel Itineraries
- Tasmanian Travel Information
- How To Set Up Your Campervan At The Campervan Park
- Roadside Assistance
- Flights To Tasmania
- 10 Best Things To Do In Tasmania On A Campervan Holiday
- Popular Bushwalks In Hobart
- Famous Markets In Tasmania
- Best Places To Eat In Hobart and Tasmania
- Explore The Central North West of Tasmania by Campervan
- How to Explore Hobart By Campervan
- Visit the Australian Wooden Boat Festival In Tasmania
- How To Prepare For Bushfires and Floods In Australia
- Popular Motorhome Roadtrips In Australia
- Where To Stay In Tasmania: Camping and Resources
- The Best Birds Eye Views In Tasmania
- Luxury Encounters For Your Self-Drive Holiday in Tasmania
- Top 5 Tasmanian Photo Opportunities
- Strahan Holiday Park Tasmania
- Your Guide to Discovering Houn Valley in Tasmania
- How To Make The Most Of Your Motorhome Hire In Summer
- Tasmania’s Most Significant Convict Sites
- Adventure Bay Holiday Village
- Your Guide To Tasmania’s East Coast
- Activities and Destinations For Your West Coast Encounter
- 8 Reasons Tasmania Should Be On Your Travel Bucket List
- Tasmania’s Top Natural Attractions: 5 Places To Enjoy Iconic Wilderness Experiences
- 7 Day East Coast Hidden Gems Itinerary
- Tips For Collecting Your Cruisin Camper From Hobart
- Cruisin Tasmania Motorhomes Hi Top Camper Review
- 5 Unusual Encounters For Your Tassie Adventure
- 5 Useful Resources For Your Tassie Adventure
- Tips For Exploring Mt Field National Park
- Top 10 Things To do In Launceston and Surrounds
- Tasmania’s Best Waterfront Camp Sites
- Tasmania’s Top National Parks To Visit With A Motorhome
- 10 Hot Spots For Your Hobart Motorhome Adventure
- Travel Hacks: Free Activities For Your Hobart Adventure
- How To Set Up Your Camper At The Caravan Park
- Tasmania’s Top National Parks To Visit With A Motorhome
- 10 Must Visit Destinations From Hobart To Brisbane
- Tasmanian Travel Tips: Top 5 Caravan Parks For Kids
- Top 10 Activities For Families In Tasmania
- Where To Get The Best Views In Tasmania
- 5 Tips For Your Tassie Camper Adventure
- What To Do In Stanley and Surrounds: Tasmania’s Beautiful North West
- Packing Essentials For Your Tassie Escape
- Top Places To Sample The Freshest Seafood In Tasmania
- Tasmania’s Top Caravan Parks for Your Motorhome Adventure
- A Guide To Parking In Hobart and Surrounds
- Where To Find Snow In Tasmania
One of the best motorhome hire and campervan hire companies in Australia. It has a modern fleet of accredited vehicles and some of the best in class campervans and motorhomes in Australia. You can pick up campervans and motorhomes from the following locations,GoCheap Motorhome Rentals Australia
GoCheap Motorhomes offers cheap motorhome hire and cheap campervans for hire in Australia. They have a clean and well maintained fleet of campervans and motorhomes that are offered at affordable prices all through the year. GoCheap Motorhomes can be hired from the following locations,
Phone: 1300 664 485
Enquiry Form: https://www.cruisintasmania.com.au/contact/
Get A Quote: https://www.cruisintasmania.com.au/booking/select
Visit Cruisin Tasmania's Branches: