How To Explore Hobart By Campervan
Campervan hire Tasmania is an enduringly popular holiday option for many in Australia and the island state of Tasmania is one destination that is a great fit for those looking for the freedom of travelling in a campervan. Here are a list of things to do in Hobart and places to see in Hobart if you have a campervan hire.
Like any great holiday experience, planning your trip in advance is key to making your stay in our wonderful state both interesting and carefree. Luckily Tasmania offers a range of different experiences and journeys yet remains small enough that travelling between destinations can be done at a lazy pace, which is fortunate as there is so much to see and do along the way!
One of Tasmania’s popular destinations is the capital Hobart, Australia’s second oldest city.
Make sure you schedule your trip so that you’re in Hobart on a Saturday. You don’t want to miss Salamanca Market, a popular destination for tourists and locals alike. However if you can’t be here over a weekend during the week Salamanca Place is still worth a visit for its wonderful restaurants, bars, boutique shops and galleries not to mention its gorgeous converted sandstone warehouses that make up Salamanca Place.
Founded in 1803 Hobart retains many of its original buildings, making it one of Australia’s more picturesque capitals. If you’re not game to try a ghost tour at night, make sure you soak up some of our history during the day. The Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery in the CBD is definitely worth a visit as is the Theatre Royale, Australia’s oldest theatre and the Royal Botanical Gardens, which is just a short walk from the city centre.
Overlooking Hobart is Mount Wellington, or simply ‘The Mountain’ to locals. Often covered in snow it makes a beautiful back drop for the city, but also provides numerous day walks, lookouts and picnic opportunities all within a 10 minute drive (in your camper of course) of the CBD.
There always seems to be something on in Hobart, so no matter what time of the year you plan your motorhoming trip there’s bound to be a festival to visit. Hobart plays host to many events including The Summer Festival (which includes the renowned Taste of Tasmania and the finish line to the Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race), The Australian Wooden Boat Festival, Hobart Fringe Festival, MONA FOMA, Tulip Festival, parts of Ten Days on the Island and stages of TARGA Tasmania plus many more.
You’ll want a few days to explore Hobart so make sure to hire your campervan in to one of the many holiday parks in the city surrounds and take your time soaking up all Hobart has to offer.
Useful Resources For Your Campervan Hire Holiday In Australia
- Tourism Tasmania
- Discover Tasmania
- East Coast Tasmania
- Tasmania Travel Lonely Planet Guide
- Spirit Of Tasmania
- Pennicott Wilderness Journeys
- Tasmanian National Parks Pass
- Explore Tasmania
- Tourism Australia Guide To Tasmania
- Caravanning Tasmania – Caravan Parks and Campervan Parks In Tasmania
- Tasmanian Travel Itineraries
- Tasmanian Travel Information
- How To Set Up Your Campervan At The Campervan Park
- Roadside Assistance
- Where to Stay In Tasmania On A Campervan Holiday
- Where To Get The Best Views In Tasmania
- Luxury Campervan Hire Holidays In Tasmania
- Best Places To Take Photos In Tasmania
- Strahan Caravan Park Tasmania
- Discover Houn Valley In A Campervan Hire
- Make The Most Of Your Summer Motorhome Holiday
- Tasmania’s Most Significant Convict Sites
- Adventure Bay Caravan Park Bruny Island
- Things To Do and Places To See On Tasmania’s East Coast
- Things To Do and Places To See On Tasmania’s West Coast
- Reasons To Visit Tasmania
- Tasmania’s Top Natural Attractions
- Campervan Itinerary For Great Eastern Drive In Tasmania
- Tips for Collecting Your Campervan Hire In Hobart
- Useful Resources For Your Campervan Hire Holiday In Tasmania
- Guide To Exploring Mt Field National Park
- Things To Do and Places To See In Launceston
- Tasmania’s Best Waterfront Camp Sites
- Tasmania’s Top National Parks To Visit With a Motorhome
- Best Places To Visit On Your Motorhome Hire Hobart Adventure
- Free Things To Do On Your Campervan Hire Hobart Holiday
- National Parks In Tasmania To Visit In A Campervan
- Places To See While Travelling From Hobart To Brisbane By Campervan
- Kid Friendly Caravan Parks In Tasmania
- Family Activities in Tasmania
- Where To Get The Best Views In Tasmania
- Tips For Your Campervan Hire Adventure In Tasmania
- Things To Do and Places To See In Stanley and North West Tasmania
- What To Pack For Your Campervan Holiday In Tasmania
- Best Caravan Parks In Tasmania For Your Motorhome Holiday
- Where To Park Campervans and Motorhomes In Hobart
- Where To Find Snow In Tasmania
One of the best motorhome hire and campervan hire companies in Australia. It has a modern fleet of accredited vehicles and some of the best in class campervans and motorhomes in Australia. You can pick up campervans and motorhomes from the following locations,
GoCheap Motorhomes offers cheap motorhome hire and cheap campervans for hire in Australia. They have a clean and well maintained fleet of campervans and motorhomes that are offered at affordable prices all through the year. GoCheap Motorhomes can be hired from the following locations,
Phone: 1300 664 485
Email: [email protected]
Enquiry Form: https://www.cruisintasmania.com.au/contact/
Get A Quote: https://www.cruisintasmania.com.au/booking/select
Visit Cruisin Tasmania’s Branches: