Travel Hacks: Free Activities For Your Hobart Adventure
Just because you’re going on holiday doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune. Every destination has free attractions available to those willing and able to seek them out! Here are 10 activities that will cost you absolutely nothing on your next trip to Hobart.
1. Visit the Pinnacle of Mount Wellington
Experience a spectacular vantage point completely free of charge at the pinnacle of Mount Wellington overlooking Tasmania’s capital of Hobart. Admire sweeping views of the city separated by the shimmering blue of the Derwent River.
2. The Royal Botanical Gardens
Pack a picnic and make your way to the Royal Hobart Botanical Gardens located just 5 minutes from the CBD. These expansive gardens are home to variety of flora and fauna and are a charming picnic setting for a family outing.
3. Wander around Battery Point
Hobart’s oldest and most historical area is a dream to explore by foot and won’t cost you a penny. Take a step back in time and admire the sandstone buildings, historical cottages and narrow streets. You can spend an entire morning lost in this beautiful waterside suburb.
4. Visit the Tasmanian Museum & Art Gallery
For a fun day of learning with the entire family visit the recently revamped Tasmanian Museum & Art Gallery (TMAG). This museum is crammed with fascinating exhibitions and cultural history and has no entry fee! Spend a day exploring with the family.
What is that? I hear you ask. Rektango is a free event held every Friday night in The Courtyard in the historical precinct of Salamanca Place. This alternative and hip event is all about dancing along to a local live band playing the best of soul and reggae. If you have an open mind and itchy feet, this is for you!
6. Free Yoga at Lululemon in Hobart’s CBD
Yoga may not be for everyone, but if it’s free then it’s worth a try! The sports brand of Lululemon located in Hobart’s CBD offers complimentary yoga sessions at 10 am and 6 pm during the week. To find out more about when the classes are on offer you can visit their Facebook page.
7. Absorb the lively atmosphere at Salamanca Market
Salamanca Market held every Saturday is one of the largest markets in Australia and is worth visiting for the vibe alone. Visit the market at around 9 am to experience the hustle and bustle. You also have the chance to enjoy free tastings on your way around. Afterwards sit on the green lawn of Parliament House and people watch.
8. Free Tastings at Cool Wine
Cool Wine, located in the heart of Hobart’s city center offers a range of boutique beer and wine from all over the world. On special occasions they have complimentary evening tastings at their store between 4:30 pm and 6 pm. Follow their Facebook page to find out when the next tasting will take place.
Just a fifteen minute drive from the Cruisin’ branch you will encounter the historically significant town of Richmond, a beautiful village home to the oldest bridge and gaol in Australia. Find yourself a patch of grass and watch as ducks trail past this stunning bridge that was built by convicts in the early 1800s.
10. A Drive through the Huon Valley
There is nothing quite like a drive through the lush green fields of the Huon Valley located just south of Hobart. Pull over to explore pristine secluded bays, row by row of apple trees and Willie Smiths Apple Shed, a charming building nestled in the valley and producing some of Australia’s finest apple cider. If you’re lucky you might be able to pluck your own apple straight from the branch.
Useful Resources For Your Campervan Hire Holiday In Australia
- Tourism Tasmania
- Discover Tasmania
- East Coast Tasmania
- Tasmania Travel Lonely Planet Guide
- Spirit Of Tasmania
- Pennicott Wilderness Journeys
- Caravanning Tasmania – Caravan Parks and Campervan Parks In Tasmania
- Tasmanian Travel Itineraries
- Tasmanian Travel Information
- How To Set Up Your Campervan At The Campervan Park
- Roadside Assistance
- Where to Stay In Tasmania On A Campervan Holiday
- Where To Get The Best Views In Tasmania
- Luxury Campervan Hire Holidays In Tasmania
- Best Places To Take Photos In Tasmania
- Strahan Caravan Park Tasmania
- Discover Houn Valley In A Campervan Hire
- Make The Most Of Your Summer Motorhome Holiday
- Tasmania’s Most Significant Convict Sites
- Adventure Bay Caravan Park Bruny Island
- Things To Do and Places To See On Tasmania’s East Coast
- Things To Do and Places To See On Tasmania’s West Coast
- Reasons To Visit Tasmania
- Tasmania’s Top Natural Attractions
- Campervan Itinerary For Great Eastern Drive In Tasmania
- Tips for Collecting Your Campervan Hire In Hobart
- Useful Resources For Your Campervan Hire Holiday In Tasmania
- Guide To Exploring Mt Field National Park
- Things To Do and Places To See In Launceston
- Tasmania’s Best Waterfront Camp Sites
- Tasmania’s Top National Parks To Visit With a Motorhome
- Best Places To Visit On Your Motorhome Hire Hobart Adventure
- Free Things To Do On Your Campervan Hire Hobart Holiday
- National Parks In Tasmania To Visit In A Campervan
- Places To See While Travelling From Hobart To Brisbane By Campervan
- Kid Friendly Caravan Parks In Tasmania
- Family Activities in Tasmania
- Where To Get The Best Views In Tasmania
- Tips For Your Campervan Hire Adventure In Tasmania
- Things To Do and Places To See In Stanley and North West Tasmania
- What To Pack For Your Campervan Holiday In Tasmania
- Best Caravan Parks In Tasmania For Your Motorhome Holiday
- Where To Park Campervans and Motorhomes In Hobart
- Where To Find Snow In Tasmania
One of the best motorhome hire and campervan hire companies in Australia. It has a modern fleet of accredited vehicles and some of the best in class campervans and motorhomes in Australia. You can pick up campervans and motorhomes from the following locations,
GoCheap Motorhomes offers cheap motorhome hire and cheap campervans for hire in Australia. They have a clean and well maintained fleet of campervans and motorhomes that are offered at affordable prices all through the year. GoCheap Motorhomes can be hired from the following locations,
Phone: 1300 664 485
Email: [email protected]
Enquiry Form: https://www.cruisintasmania.com.au/contact/
Get A Quote: https://www.cruisintasmania.com.au/booking/select
Visit Cruisin Tasmania’s Branches: