Where To Stay In Tasmania: Camping and Resources
One of our most frequently asked questions about planning a visit to Tasmania is: where can I pull up for the night? The state is a scenic camping oasis offering plenty of unbeatable natural destinations and great caravan parks to enjoy during your stay. But, where can you camp overnight?
Below you will find valuable resources to help you plan your holiday in Australia’s beautiful island state.
Approximately 40% of Tasmania is protected in National Parks and reserves, offering visitors a range of unique wilderness encounters in untouched environments. Visiting these parks in a campervan or motorhome allows you the opportunity to enjoy a truly enhanced self-contained experience. Most national parks offer excellent facilities for campervans and motorhomes for a small fee.
There are no rubbish facilities offered within Tasmania’s National Parks and visitors must remove all waste from their campsite when packing up to leave. For more information on where you can go within each of Tasmania’s national parks visit Camping Information on the Tasmanian Parks page. Cruisin’ recommends that all campervans and motorhomes charge at a 240 volt powered outlet at least every second night, so be sure to include powered sites into your holiday route.
Tasmania is home to more than 50 caravan parks situated around the state, some offering fantastic facilities including onsite amenities, spacious powered sites for motorhomes and ensuite facilities. The Caravan Park and Holiday Park Guide is supplied in hard-copy to all Cruisin’ customers to help you plan your holiday as you go.
Cruisin’ offers all guests 10% off at Barilla Holiday Park just around the corner from the Hobart Office. This Park is perhaps one of the best in the state, offering an onsite mini-golf course, mouth-watering wood fired pizza restaurant and spacious powered sites with access to water and a dump point.
Free Camping Resources
Free camping facilities can be found both inside and outside of National Parks and Reserves. Cruisin’ campervans and motorhomes are well equipped to deal with free camping, with all offering kitchen facilities and most with an on board shower and toilet. Tasmania has a number of great resources to help you plan your free camping holiday. The Camping Tasmania website provides a comprehensive list of destinations to visit as well as information about fees and onsite amenities.
Another great resource for planning your holiday in Tasmania is the WikiCamps application for smart phones and tablets. This popular app will guide you to the nearest camp ground, provide information about facilities and has a 15 day free trial before charging a set fee of $5. Anyone who wants to engage with a lively Tasmanian camping online community is encouraged to visit the Camping Sites around Tasmania Facebook page where you can find expert local information and ask your own questions.
Over to you! Let us know your favourite camping resources and destinations on the Cruisin’ Motorhome Rentals Facebook page.
Useful Resources For Your Campervan Hire Holiday In Australia
- Tourism Tasmania
- Discover Tasmania
- East Coast Tasmania
- Tasmania Travel Lonely Planet Guide
- Spirit Of Tasmania
- Pennicott Wilderness Journeys
- Caravanning Tasmania – Caravan Parks and Campervan Parks In Tasmania
- Tasmanian Travel Itineraries
- Tasmanian Travel Information
- How To Set Up Your Campervan At The Campervan Park
- Roadside Assistance
- Where to Stay In Tasmania On A Campervan Holiday
- Where To Get The Best Views In Tasmania
- Luxury Campervan Hire Holidays In Tasmania
- Best Places To Take Photos In Tasmania
- Strahan Caravan Park Tasmania
- Discover Houn Valley In A Campervan Hire
- Make The Most Of Your Summer Motorhome Holiday
- Tasmania’s Most Significant Convict Sites
- Adventure Bay Caravan Park Bruny Island
- Things To Do and Places To See On Tasmania’s East Coast
- Things To Do and Places To See On Tasmania’s West Coast
- Reasons To Visit Tasmania
- Tasmania’s Top Natural Attractions
- Campervan Itinerary For Great Eastern Drive In Tasmania
- Tips for Collecting Your Campervan Hire In Hobart
- Useful Resources For Your Campervan Hire Holiday In Tasmania
- Guide To Exploring Mt Field National Park
- Things To Do and Places To See In Launceston
- Tasmania’s Best Waterfront Camp Sites
- Tasmania’s Top National Parks To Visit With a Motorhome
- Best Places To Visit On Your Motorhome Hire Hobart Adventure
- Free Things To Do On Your Campervan Hire Hobart Holiday
- National Parks In Tasmania To Visit In A Campervan
- Places To See While Travelling From Hobart To Brisbane By Campervan
- Kid Friendly Caravan Parks In Tasmania
- Family Activities in Tasmania
- Where To Get The Best Views In Tasmania
- Tips For Your Campervan Hire Adventure In Tasmania
- Things To Do and Places To See In Stanley and North West Tasmania
- What To Pack For Your Campervan Holiday In Tasmania
- Best Caravan Parks In Tasmania For Your Motorhome Holiday
- Where To Park Campervans and Motorhomes In Hobart
- Where To Find Snow In Tasmania
One of the best motorhome hire and campervan hire companies in Australia. It has a modern fleet of accredited vehicles and some of the best in class campervans and motorhomes in Australia. You can pick up campervans and motorhomes from the following locations,
GoCheap Motorhomes offers cheap motorhome hire and cheap campervans for hire in Australia. They have a clean and well maintained fleet of campervans and motorhomes that are offered at affordable prices all through the year. GoCheap Motorhomes can be hired from the following locations,
Phone: 1300 664 485
Email: [email protected]
Enquiry Form: https://www.cruisintasmania.com.au/contact/
Get A Quote: https://www.cruisintasmania.com.au/booking/select
Visit Cruisin Tasmania’s Branches: